Written by:Thomas E. Gaddis (Novel), Guy Trosper (Screenplay)
Script Synopsis:After killing a prison guard, convict Robert Stroud faces life imprisonment in solitary confinement. Driven nearly mad by loneliness and despair, Stroud's life gains new meaning when he happens upon a helpless baby sparrow in the exercise yard and nurses it back to health. Despite having only a third grade education, Stroud goes on to become a renowned ornithologist and achieves a greater sense of freedom and purpose behind bars than most people find in the outside world.
Birdman Of Alcatraz Script Resources:9851
- Birdman Of Alcatraz Script PDF - 12/15/60 REVISED DRAFT at Script City ($)
- Birdman Of Alcatraz Script PDF at Script Fly ($)
- Birdman Of Alcatraz Transcript at scripts.com
Note: Multiple links are listed since (a) different versions exist and (b) many scripts posted become unavailable over time. Please notify me if you encounter a stale link.
- Birdman Of Alcatraz ( tt0055798 ) at IMDb
- Birdman Of Alcatraz ( 898 ) at TheMovieDB.org