Written by:William D. Wittliff (Screenplay), Walter Farley (Novel), Melissa Mathison (Screenplay), Jeanne Rosenberg (Screenplay)
Script Synopsis:While traveling with his father, young Alec becomes fascinated by a mysterious Arabian stallion that is brought on board and stabled in the ship he is sailing on. When it tragically sinks both he and the horse survive only to be stranded on a deserted island. He befriends it, so when finally rescued both return to his home where they soon meet Henry Dailey, a once successful trainer. Together they begin training the horse to race against the fastest ones in the world.
Black Stallion Script Resources:9445
- Black Stallion Script PDF - [Farley][Working Rev 8/10/1977] at Script Fly ($)
- Black Stallion Script PDF - 7/11/1977 at Script City ($)
- Black Stallion Transcript at scripts.com
Note: Multiple links are listed since (a) different versions exist and (b) many scripts posted become unavailable over time. Please notify me if you encounter a stale link.
- Black Stallion ( tt0078872 ) at IMDb
- Black Stallion ( 17264 ) at TheMovieDB.org