World War 2 is (oddly) one of the most marketable and popular wars in recent history. The public still flocks to films that depict incidents of this war, whether they are true or false. In addition, video games have been published that allow people to experience World War 2 battles from the safety of their own home.
This war distinguishes itself from any other recent war because most people symbolize it as a battle of good versus evil. To many people, the Nazis were one of the most sadistic groups that ever existed. Their leader, Adolf Hitler, is considered a racist who allowed millions of civilians to be killed based solely on their race.
Through this war, many countries learned what a real enemy looks like. Upon seeing the treatment of prisoners in concentration camps, the rest of the world determined what was truly worth fighting for.
Many films have been made about World War 2, but there are still many perspectives that haven’t been shown. Below is a comprehensive list of films that are focused on the actual battles that took place. These films are expressive, emotional and gut-wrenching. They can also be humorous, odd or disturbing. They show many different perspectives that are based on World War 2.
By reading these, you will gain understanding about what type of films can be made based on a World War 2 theme. Then all you must do is use your creativity to add a new element. Good luck!
(If you are interested in films about the concentration or POW camps, please refer to the scripts-onscreen.com search box.)
- (1998) Saving Private Ryan Script
- (2001) Enemy At the Gates [Transcript]
- (2001) Pearl Harbor Script
- (2006) Letters from Iwo Jima Script
- (2008) Valkyrie Script
- (2009) Inglourious Basterds Script
Steven Spielberg may be one of the most widely-recognized living filmmakers of our time. Though his directorial efforts have garnered him the most acclaim, his work as a producer has managed to make possible some of the most widely successful films in the past decade.
From aliens to dinosaurs, high-adventure to historical dramas, Spielberg continues to keep the spectacle of movies alive and fresh for audiences young and old.
Check out a collection of his feature length scripts below:
1. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Script (2008)
2. Munich Script (2005)
3. War of the Worlds Script (2005)
4. The Terminal Script (2004)
5. Catch Me If You Can Script (2002)
6. Minority Report Script (2002)
7. A.I Artificial Intelligence Script (2001)
8. Saving Private Ryan Script (1998)
9. Amistad Script (1997) ($) (alternate $)
10. The Lost World: Jurrasic Park Script (1993)
11. Schindler’s List Script (1993)
12. Jurassic Park Script (1993)
13. Hook Script (1991)
14. Always Script (1989)
15. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Script (1989)
16. Empire of the Sun Script (Dialogue Transcript) (1987)
17. The Color Purple Script (1985)
18. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Script (1984)
19. E.T: The Extra-Terrestrial Script (1982)
20. Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark Script (1981)
21. 1941 Script (1979)
22. Close Encounters of the Third Kind Script (1974)
23. Jaws Script (1975)
24. The Sugarland Express Script (1974)
25. Firelight Script (1964)